Thursday, June 25, 2009

the other side

So after 2 and a half years that we have had BAB I still have to deal with stuff from her past. BAB still has what I call a food obsession. I wouldn't exactly say that it is in the area of full on food hoarding, but it is close. If BAB sees food she is literally obsessed with it. She can not think of anything else until she has that food. If it is not available at the time she will sit and watch until it is. She will scream and throw a fit. She will beg. She will ask until I finally say go to your room. And her eyes NEVER stray from the food. I was hoping that this would disappear as time went by. Not so lucky. I would not say that it was worse, but it is always there. Just differently as time goes by.

BAB went to Vacation Bible School last night for the first time. She came home that night and spit up. I don't mean she puked. It was like her stomach was literally just gushing out of her mouth. So now I have to figure out a polite way to tell the nice VBS workers to not over feed\water my daughter. I don't want to, but I have to. I don't want them to feel bad. I don't want them to think I am mad at them. Because honestly, if a 3 year old was asking me for a drink I would say "sure, its just water!' But for her she will drink until she is sick. She has no shut off. The adult has to be the shut off. YUCK!

No comments: