Monday, December 3, 2007

Pregnancy Plague

So I started getting these little red bumbs on my skin the other day. I thought it was poison ivy actually. I know it is snowing out, but I could have got it from the animals....... I know I'm stretching. Anyways, it kept popping up in different areas and it was really itchy. So I thought well, I am pregnant I better go check it out. I'm allowed one of those, right. I have made it 35 weeks with out freaking out. For me that is an accomplishment. So anyway I ended up going to the doctor today. I have Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy or PUPPP for short. Apparently it only effects 1 % of pregnant woman. Yippee for me! It is a terribly itchy rash that starts in your stretch marks. (not that I'm saying I have any....... :) It also affects those having more then one baby or first time pregnancies. However I only have 5 weeks left at the most so I can grin and bear it right? I'm supposed to only take a shower every other day and use a special lotion 3 times a day. I have to take a shower every day or I don't feel human! I'm in big trouble! Oh well, its still worth it. It could be worse. That is what I keep telling myself. It seems to work until I start itching again. I did read on line that there is a soap that is supposed to help. It is at health food stores. I am going there tomorrow.


In other news, BAB has decided that sleep is no longer a necessity again. She was extremely tired at 3 after only taking a 40 minute nap earlier. So I put her to bed and she is still up there an hour and half later playing. I better go get her though. She has been tiring herself out all day with no nap and then when she does this she fall alseep at 5 and sleep till morning. Which them she doesn't get her nebulizer, medicine, or supper. So then she is miserable and very hungry is the morning! Which makes us all miserable!

No comments: