Monday, September 24, 2007

Baby sign language

We have recently been trying to teach BAB baby sign language. I know the controversy on it. But I think that it would be beneficial to her so we are going for it. She will talk. I have no worries. Telling me off in sign language is not as effective as yelling or screaming. Considering that she already yells at me when she is mad I have no worries. So the first one we did was 'all done'. This is done with 2 hands waving back and forth. It took pilot 1 hour to get her to do it. I gave up. You would have thought we were threatening to rip her arms off! We would take her arms to do the motion and she would rip her arms away and scream like we were commiting a crime against her dainty little fingers. OY! Can you say DRAMA QUEEN! However once she figured it out she is fine and does it everytime. Well, alot of times it takes about a half hour. But she just sits and plays with her cup until she does. Maybe she just wants to sit there and she really isnt done...... I don't know! This morning I was trying to teach her 'eat'. That went over like a lead balloon. But it took only about 15 minutes this time. Next will be 'more'. I can't wait.....

1 comment: