Thursday, April 10, 2008

WIC

I went to the WIC office today and tried to sign LP up. Because LP is in the foster system she can get it. And I thought 'Hey formula is expensive!' So anyways, my experience like many other experiences with state and government facilities was mildly frustrating. You can only go in Thursdays to get new WIC coupons so I thought I was doing good. I get in there and the lady says well we have to make an appt. for LP to get signed up. I was like 'What!' The soonest they could get me in was April 29th! I was so pissed. I mean I feel like I am on there side here. I am not asking for free stuff. I am doing them (the state) a service by taking care of a child that is in there protection. So why can't they get me WIC? I was a little disgruntled. Not only that, but if you think about all the poor mothers out there that really can't afford to feed their children and they have to wait 20 days to get assistants. So what do their kids starve until then? What a load of crap. I wrote the social worker I deal with and told her how pissed I was.

No comments: