Friday, March 14, 2008

BAB and her bag o' medicine

We took BAB to another doctor finally. I never really liked her old one. She just didn't seem to give me any direction in BAB's asthma, acid reflux, or eating issues. However, she is still on medicaid until she is adopted and most doctor's offices have a limit of how many patients they can take that are on medicaid. I couldn't find another doctor that would take her. But LM's doctor let us take BAB up to her anyways. She is awesome! She has her on a ton of medicine right now, but it is only for a brief period. BAB always has a 'smoker's cough' and I kept asking the old doctor about it. She just kept saying it was ok. New Doctor says no its not and we are going to fix it. BAB was wheezing and had a ear infection as well and I didn't even know it. So she is on amoxicillin for the ear infection, oral steriod for 5 days, singular (indefinitely), Zantac (still), and albuteral through her nebulizer 4 times a day for 2 weeks. Also she upped her zantac because it wasn't nearly enough. She said this might also help her eating issues as well. I hope so. But I have a feeling it won't. I think it is more emotional then physical. So in the long run BAB will only be on zantac, singular, and possibly albuterol. The thought is to dry up all her congestion in her chest so she will not have her 'smokers cough'. This will keep ear infections down as well. Also I am hoping that she will be better behaved after all has calmed down. She is just so up and down with her emotions. I just don't think she felt good. Besides the fact that she was feeling icky from wheezing and congestion her acid reflux was probably bad because she wasn't getting enough medicine. Stupid old doctor. So I am really hoping when all is said and done that she will a happier child.

No comments: