Monday, February 25, 2008

Latest on BAB and more

Well, Biodad's rights have been termintated as of last week. So the file is now transfered to the adoption social worker. I hear he is um.... interesting. So I guess we will see how it goes. They say it will take a minimum of 6 months. Oh well, I am pretty sure there is no family that is interested so I guess we just sit and wait.

The SW asked us if we are still going to do foster care. The answer is we just don't know. We kinda decided that we were going to wait until Little Miss was 6 months old and reaccess. Fundamentally we do not have a problem doing foster care. Fostering to adopt is a little unnerving due to not knowing whether they will stay or not. Fostering a child for a year and having them leave would be devastating. We were thinking about maybe doing respite. Where we would maybe take in a child/sibling group for a few weeks or so. Kinda like we did for Sweet Pea. He was here because they were checking out family. He might have stayed or he might have not. Or sometimes a child that is already in foster care needs a place for a couple of days or weeks. I guess we have time to think about it. Right now we just can't do anymore.

No comments: