- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( I use homemade canned ones!!!)
- 24 soft corn tortillas (4 inches)
- 2 cans (16 ounces) black bean refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Mix refried beans with approximately 1/2 cup of water.
- Place eight tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas, tomato mixture and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.