Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Waiting for all the babies to sleep

I was at a friends house way back when.... Well, let's see.... Prolly about 4ish years ago. She had recently gone through some infertility and then got pregnant. She had this baby. Was already licensed to do Foster care, but had declined any kids as she was pregnant. After she had the first she ended up taking care of a nephew long term. So she had a 1 yr old and now a 9 month old. But wait, then she got a desperate call from the Social worker. Please we have no other place.... Well, what she hadn't told anybody was that she was pregnant AGAIN! So she now had a 2 yr old, a 1 yr old, pregnant, and a new born! All those years of praying for a baby and now she is over loaded! I came out to visit her one evening and was in total awe of her taking care of 3 babies while she pregnant! Not been pregnant myself yet the appreciation was not fully developed. As the night was nearing an end, one child sleeping, one child on the way, and one still awake she turned to me and said "This is what we do everynight. We wait for all the babies to sleep." I've often felt that way, my dear friend. At the end of the day, I just wait for all the babies to sleep.

No comments: