Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pilot wakes up this morning and turns the kettle on to boil some water for coffee. I'm still in bed pretending I'm sleeping. As I'm laying there I smell something burning. I was like 'oh there was prolly something on the burner.' and I turned over. After about 10 minutes I still smell it so I head to the living room. The smoke was so thick I could not even see the other side of the room. I turned the corner to my kitchen to see what was burning. Pilot had turned the wrong burner on. The one he had turned on had the pan from the night before with a few scraps of food in it and the serving spoon. The smoke was going crazy coming out of the pan. I opened my porch door and flung it over the railing. I am sure that there was flames at one point, but there was nothing left to burn after I went to get it later. Not to mention the spoon was melted in half. So then I put my shirt over my mouth because I'm starting to cough like crazy. I open all the doors and windows. Then I went and told Pilot, who was having a nice hot shower, that he was trying to kill us all. The end result was he was disappointed that it didn't have flames. rolleyes.gif Also I am still
coughing from the smoke inhalation. We had to keep all the kids in there rooms until the smoked cleared. BAB was not happy about the no breakfast situation.


*****No kids were harmed in the making of this story.**********

No comments: